Tracking and monitoring Primary & Secondary Sales Performance of Zonal Branch Managers
To maintain a balance and meet the growing demands of customers, this fintech company closely monitors the activities of the Distribution Sales Team. Zonal Branch Managers (ZBMs) are required to meet their daily primary and secondary target. The primary target is to expand the retail network and the secondary target is to expand the network of distributors.
The Zonal Branch Managers (ZBMs) work with their teams of Zonal Sales Managers (ZSMs) to meet daily targets. By the end of the week, the ZBMs have to present the weekly target v/s achievement performance report to the next in line manager.
This report was being drafted manually by the ZBMs based on the data shared by ZSMs in Excel spreadsheets while working on the field. A considerable amount of time was spent on collating data and collecting information from the team. At times it was even challenging for some managers to interpret the collated data accurately and derive critical insights for decision making. The reports generated barely scratched the surface of insights, lacked personalization, and context.
- Significant manual effort and time spent on creating weekly performance reports
- Lack of data interpretation caused by data illiteracy and time constraints
- Inability to identify hidden trends and insights from data reported
- Lack of personalized reports across team hierarchies
Boosting the productivity of Zonal Branch Managers with Reporting Automation
Senior management realized how a delay in decision making due to lack of key insights could cost the company. To bridge this gap and improve the productivity of the sales team, the fintech company chose Phrazor as a reporting solution.
- Phrazor, a self-service BI tool and natural language generation platform, provided end-to-end automated reporting for the Distribution sales team to obtain on-demand reports in real-time with summarized actionable insights
- Sourcing data from MIS and multiple excel files, Phrazor created a comprehensive target v/s achievement performance overview with drill-down filters for both Primary and Secondary targets
- The regional and zonal branch managers could simultaneously compare the performance of each branch against allocated weekly targets at a granular level and identify shortcomings and growth opportunities
- The distribution channel performance reports produced were accompanied by personalized human-like written narratives, making the analysis a lot easier to understand for business users who are not data experts
- Efficient performance evaluation of employee productivity in every branch at scale
- Ability to analyze and set realistic targets and goals for different zones
- Introduced new levels of speed and data accuracy to the branch
- Significant reduction in manual efforts ensuring consistent reporting of key business metrics
- Increased data literacy and understandability among sales team members
This Indian fintech company provides a mobile-based platform for banking, savings, payment, merchant transactions, bill payment, and cash collection services. Partnered with some of the largest Indian banking players, the firm democratizes banking services to unbanked customers from weaker economic sections of society through its app-based platform. Extending its network of over 100k merchants across 150 cities, it has built the largest cash-to-digital network in India, which processes over US$200 million in transactions per month.