Barriers to Communication of Portfolio Insights
MOSL, caters to 100,000+ active customers across India, both retail and high net worth individuals (HNI). The company created monthly portfolio analysis reports for its diversified clientele to evaluate and communicate the performance of their investments.
Unlike the HNI investors, the reports generated for retail customers simply tracked and compiled trading activity, inflows, outflows, positions, and balances in a tabular format. These transactional reports did not highlight any performance metrics. The broking firm could not provide personalized human financial advisors to its retail customers to make recommendations every step of the way. It was not a viable option.
And, not every customer was adept at understanding portfolio reports containing complex charts and tables. Even the financially savvy clients were unable to comprehend and analyze the performance of their investments in the market as compared to their peers.
Moreover, since the majority of the investors belong to Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu, they understood the regional languages better than English. Thus, creating and sharing portfolio analysis reports in one common language - English proved to create a barrier of communication between the portfolio managers and investors.
- Significant resources required to provide human-advisory recommendations for each customer
- Tabular portfolio reports caused a communication gap between the clients and the portfolio managers
- Unable to send out investment reports to 1000s of customers every month
- Communication barriers in reaching a diverse set of customers with the reports being generated in English only
Curious to know what happened next? Unlock now to read the entire case study.
Scaling personalized multi-lingual recommendations for a gamut of retail investors
The business team recognized they needed a solution that would enable them to prepare effective portfolio analysis reports for each customer without significant human effort. They chose Phrazor to convert their complex portfolio-level datasets into personalized narrative-based reports, at scale.
- Using Phrazor, the financial services company eliminated the need for human advisors or financial experts. The team could now generate detailed portfolio analysis with personalized recommendations in the form of easy-to-understand narratives based on Natural Language Generation technology
- The personalized recommendations are auto-generated, based on the customer’s current portfolio performance and investment goals. The reporting automation tool considers different types of assets in a customer’s portfolio to evaluate its performance and highlights key insights like – warning signs, detailed recommendations, and market trends
- With Phrazor, the team at the stockbroking firm could easily scale their reporting process by producing thousands of reports at the speed of light with data of any size without disrupting the quality and consistency of the insights
- To eliminate the barrier of language and communication, Phrazor provides multi-lingual capabilities through which the firm could generate portfolio statements in 4 different languages– Hindi, English, Gujarati, and Tamil
- The Phrazor team also created an interactive real-time dashboard for the company’s customers and advisors, where they could easily log in, evaluate, and restructure the portfolio on a real-time basis. The provided recommendations could be applied with a click of a button
- The real-time portfolio dashboard was also incorporated in the company’s mobile application to increase customer convenience and provide ease of access irrespective of the time and location
- Phrazor also assisted the firm with multiple report-sharing options like a) Cover emails – which provide a summary of the portfolio insights b) Audio-Video reports – which compiles the entire portfolio analysis report with insights and recommendations into an audio-visual format c) PDFs – Customers can send the reports to themselves in a pdf format, at the click of a button from the dashboard itself
- To ensure data security and privacy, team vPhrase seamlessly integrated Phrazor with the company’s internal data sources via live APIs
Using Phrazor’s Analytical and Natural Language Generation capabilities, the MOSL team could:
- Create easy-to-understand reports to help clients understand their investment performance a lot better, leading to an increase in the number of transactions
- The analysts deployed to prepare monthly portfolio reports were reallocated to work on higher-value tasks. This effectively led to the optimization of cost and human resources
- MOSL could seamlessly scale and reach out to many prospective customers at one go, based on their location, language, and investment goals
- Clients could easily anticipate their portfolio performance by creating various scenarios in the real-time interactive dashboards with zero dependencies
Motilal Oswal Financial Services (MOFSL), is a multi-faceted financial services company with a presence in over 550 cities through 2500+ business locations; managed by a team of over 6000 employees. It provides a range of diversified products and services across Retail and Institutional Broking, Private Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Asset Management and Home Finance.
Motilal Oswal’s credo is wealth creation through knowledge for all its clients and stakeholders.