Tedious, time-consuming and fragmented sales performance evaluation and reporting
At Sanofi the Sales Operations function monitors and reviews sales performance using reports containing data related to Primary Sales, Secondary Sales, Market Share, and KPI analyses related to employee performance such as Call Average and Coverage.
The team deployed a BI tool for generating the Primary Sales report while Secondary Sales, Market Share, and Employee Performance reports were created separately in Excel. The manual handling of disparate reports, transferring the findings into a PowerPoint File and then distributing it among the Area Managers (AMs), Regional Branch Managers (RBMs), Business Unit (BU) Heads and National Sales Managers (NSMs), was proving to be time-consuming and tedious for the team. They were looking to consolidate and centralize the reporting to streamline the process and draw better conclusions from the report itself. The element of manual effort led to a fragmented result despite adopting BI in their efforts to derive insights from data reserves.
- The Operations Support team manually creates and distributes monthly reports for managers at varying hierarchies assigned to respective geographical districts, territories, areas, regions, and business units for PAN India sales
- The reporting includes a predefined set of KPIs which cover an overview of Primary Sales, Secondary Sales, Market Share, and a select few Employee Performance related metrics that restrict the scope of the report
- The team uses the firm’s internal systems to extract data, manually populate the numbers on Excel spreadsheets and create tables and visualizations. Trend and sales growth figures are analyzed within the spreadsheets and then migrated to Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT) to create the final report
- Given the number of divisions and levels of hierarchy involved the creation and sharing of reports is a manual, decentralized, and inefficient task
Curious to know what happened next? Unlock now to read the entire case study.
An automated and integrated single source of truth for insight generation, reporting, and decision making
The team at Sanofi wanted to accelerate the generation and sharing of the sales report to assist various stakeholders in setting new goals for the field force each month. To speed things by saving time and effort on deriving insights separately from primary sales, secondary sales, market intelligence, and then reconciling the same, Phrazor integrates multiple reports into a single source of truth.
It uses a robust reporting framework to capture relevant KPIs and provide inter-KPI correlation to produce a cohesive and efficient report containing sections for Primary Sales, Secondary Sales, Market Share, Field Force Performance, and an additional section depicting analysis of Key Brands.
This report also includes the tables and visualizations typically used earlier now augmented with dynamic commentary to help the managers identify reasons or potential causes behind the numbers. Phrazor provides a centralized solution to smartly and swiftly evaluate sales performance for different divisions and locations. With Phrazor the team could auto-generate the final report in PowerPoint, and distribute it via email to various managers and business heads across locations.
- 319 sales reports auto-generated with charts, tables, and visualizations augmented by dynamic commentaries written using natural language generation (NLG) technology. This narrative approach to reporting proved useful to all the teams within the division and helped discover probable causes behind outcomes using a single source of truth
- Reported numbers and contributing factors helped assess individual Salesforce performance across brands and territories
- The reporting took a quantum leap to prescribe final recommendations related to their areas of focus – brands, territories, and Medical Representatives. These were data-driven actionable insights indicating favorable next steps for the division to tap into growth opportunities
- Automation of the Excel, PowerPoint reports and email scheduling for 6 divisions led to 1565 man-hours in monthly efforts saved on report generation and circulation
- The integrated reports provided better visibility for managers looking to swiftly evaluate past performance to set future sales goals for the field force in their respective locations using smart narrative insights and actionable recommendations
- The manual effort involved in making personalized reports at various levels of managerial hierarchies was removed with report automation
- A single source of truth helped empower business users with insights often limited to data experts and analysts, leading to better decisions driven by data
Sanofi is among the world’s most reputable pharmaceutical companies providing innovative therapeutic solutions in 170+ countries with the commitment and dedication of its 100,000+ strong workforce. Sanofi has been present in India since 1956 and is well-known as the maker of household brands in pain and allergy and is actively contributing to keeping India polio-free. It has 2 manufacturing sites and 2 development centers with 5000+ employees committed to India’s healthcare development.